Table of Contents
Top Pick Mini Cribs
- LONG LASTING - Made of New Zealand pinewood, the Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is both durable and stylish. A clean design and small footprint allow it to fit into any nursery theme. All tools for...
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY OPTIONS - The Aden grows along with your child. You can convert the crib into a mini daybed and a twin size bed and it has a convenient 3-position mattress support system(Twin...
- YOUR SAFETY MATTERS - The Aden 4-in-1 is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM. All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic...
- SMALL WONDER - Compact dimensions mean the Aden occupies a small footprint. But internally it is very spacious, making it ideal for small nurseries, co-sharing or when you have multiple kids to tend...
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Aden measures 39”Lx28"Wx37”H. For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me, non-toxic.
- Portable Crib, US Patented rail system. PATENT No 6817046 / 8479328 B2.
- Safety and heavy duty, locking, commercial size wheels. Baby weight limit - 35 lbs
- All tools for easy assembly included
- Stationary (non drop side) rail design, made of solid Pine.
Last update on 2024-02-18
What are Mini Cribs?
Mini cribs are cribs with a smaller footprint, unlike a standard baby crib. As a new parent, it can be overwhelming to consider all the things that must go into your baby’s nursery and other things you need to put in place to properly care for him. Wondering where to keep you crib amidst all of these is another issue that a mini crib provides the perfect solution to. A normal mini crib is 24’ by 38’ in width and length while a standard crib has 28 and 52. Mini cribs are also suitable for a parent who doesn’t want a separate room.
Why Should You Buy A Good Mini Crib?
A standard crib is not always suitable for all situations. Mini cribs are small, lightweight and easy to move around. They are best for infants who share the same room with siblings and you can easily fold them up for comfortable storage.
How to Choose the Best Mini Crib?
Choosing the right crib is another important step you need to take towards your baby’s arrival. You can opt for types such as:
- Pop-Up/Travel Crib: You can easily fold up this type of mini crib for travel. Some are produced with lightweight materials while others look like play yards or playpens
- Bassinet/Moses Baskets: Bassinets are simple, small and they come with great mobility. However, it may no longer support your child for more than a year.
- Standard: This type of mini crib resembles a standard crib in every way except in size. They aren’t collapsible but they do come with wheels for easy mobility.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Mini Crib?
Buying a mini crib requires you to put a few other things into consideration and they are:
- Accreditation – Check to see if the mini crib is accredited by Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)? CPSC monitors mini cribs by making sure they have a failsafe locking mechanism, secure detachable bases, strong slats, and mattress support to ensure the safety of an infant.
- Convenience – This should also be a priority. A mini crib should not be too narrow to make your infant feel cramp. Also, it should also support mobility by having wheels.
- Material Quality – Since the mini crib might be in use for about 2 years, the material of the crib needs to be of good quality. You should consider buying a separate thicker mattress because most mini cribs have a 1” mattress pad.
- Adjustability & Versatility –A convertible mini crib allows you to use the components for a long period of time. The mini crib should be compatible with different mattress positions and allow more than one mattress level, at least.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Mini Crib Cost?
There are affordable mini cribs for less than $150. You can get budget-friendly mini cribs from unpopular brands. However, if you are going for mini cribs from popular brands with innovative functionality and versatility, the price is likely to climb up to a range between $349 – $738.
Mini cribs are easy to move, portable, lightweight and easy to store. If you need to manage your space and like the idea of being able to store your baby crib under a bed or in a close by folding it flat, a mini crib is a wonderful option for you. There’s a right style and size for your new baby.