Top Pick Infant Bouncers
- 360 degrees of play for baby to discover
- Music, lights & sounds reward & encourage every bounce & jump
- Easily adjusts to 3 different heights as your baby grows
- Colorful toys include bat-at butterfly & toucan, giraffe with spinner-bead neck, froggy teether, lion slider &...
- Removable, machine-washable seat pad
- Frustration free packaging: Easy to open, 100 percent recyclable, and less packaging waste
- Soft, cushy seat pad provides a comfy environment
- Supports baby in an upright position
- Wide, sturdy base helps keep baby comfortable & well supported
- 2 linkable toys for playtime
Last update on 2021-04-19
What are Infant Bouncers?
Infant bouncers are sometimes also called baby loungers. But the product is the same. It’s a seat, usually padded and reclined, that swings. Infant bouncers are simple items but the reality is that they are of great use to both children and parents. They are designed so that children find themselves in a position other than that of their cradle or stroller. Infant bouncers are slightly inclined and produce a very pleasant swinging motion for children. These items may not have the same importance as a stroller or a cradle but are still very practical.
Why Should You Buy a Good Infant Bouncer?
Good infant bouncers stimulate babies and allow them to familiarize themselves with their environment. The places where they are most comfortable are the crib and the stroller. However, when they are awake, recliners can be positive for babies’ development. They allow them a better view of their surroundings by putting them in a reclined position. Another advantage of this accessory is that it helps the development of the child by stimulating both his sense of balance and his motor capacities.
How to Choose the Best Infant Bouncers?
Just like every product presented to the market, the baby bouncer contains different types. These include the classic bouncer, the high bouncer, pouf, designer, or swing.
The classic deckchair can be made of plastic or wood. It allows a baby to be cradled by a spring or rocker system. Depending on the model, it can be folded for easy storage and transport.
The pouf deckchair has a fabric that is quite bulky (because it cannot be folded). It offers a comfortable seat because it is a cushion of micro-beads.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying an Infant Bouncer?
You should pay attention to these features, because they are the key factors that affect your usage of infant bouncer:
- Materials of construction: The frame should be made of sturdy and resistant materials such as metal or hard plastic. These will provide the necessary strength that a product of this kind needs. As for the seat, be careful that it is equipped with a cover made of fabrics suitable for children. Cotton is great, but it’s also common to find synthetic mesh seats that are comparatively good enough.
- Safety system: The baby chairs are thought to offer your child a gentle rocking motion. Even if this movement is very light, the child must be well secured to minimize the risks as much as possible. In the middle, a strap should ensure that the child does not slip.
- Foldability: Many parents find it essential that the bouncer be foldable. Not all homes are of the same size or the same space. This is why a model that can fold will take up as little space as possible. The fact it is foldable will also facilitate its transport.
- Additional features: There are simpler bouncers on the market and comparatively more complex ones with endless extras and accessories. Some models, for example, have a toy bar built directly into the seat. These bars are usually equipped with dolls, rattles, and other toys that the child can easily manipulate for fun.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Infant Bouncer Cost?
On the market, you’ll find cheap infant bouncers for a price of around $20 to $50. These affordable infant bouncers are made of cotton fabrics or mesh. There are no paddings and they contain no bells or whistles. Do you want a well-cushioned model with vibration, baby rocker, melodies, and other features on board? There are high-end infant bouncers generally available within the price range of $70 to $200.
Choosing a baby bouncer should be based on the needs of parents and child. Obviously, there are certain details that any parent will need to consider while choosing the perfect model. A perfect baby bouncer is compact and light. Of course, the safety aspect of the chair should be non-negotiable. Make sure that the seat belt or harness is well equipped, to prevent the child from slipping.