Top Pick Breast Pumps
No products found.
Breast Pumps – The Right Device To Extract Milk For Working Moms
During the breastfeeding stage, mothers cannot go out alone as they will have to feed their babies frequently. But, a solution to this issue is provided by Breast pumps. Are you thinking about joining your work again after the maternity holidays? Then, buying the right pump can help you. Read on to learn more:
What are Breast Pumps?
Breast pumps are mechanical devices that are meant for lactating mothers. They can use this device for extracting milk from their breasts. The mechanism of this device differs. Some are powered by electricity and they automatically begin to extract milk when placed in the breasts. On the other hand, some are mechanical devices that require foot or hand movements for extraction.
Why Should You Buy A Good Breast Pump?
A good breast pump will help with expressing milk, thereby helping the baby get the complete benefits of breastfeeding even when the mom is not around. Moms can also benefit from this device as they can get some personal time themselves to engage in some errands. They need not have to carry the baby or stay at home at all times to meet the baby’s need for milk.
How to Choose the Best Breast Pump?
When it comes to shopping for the right breast pump, you will have to consider the factors listed below:
- Frequency of use and purpose: You can choose either an electrical or manual breast pump based on your frequency of use and purpose. If you have a sufficient breast milk supply and you rarely go outdoors, a manual pump can be sufficient for you. On the other hand, if the milk supply is low or if you are a working woman, who will be spending most of the time away from your baby. So, the best thing you can do is to choose an electric pump. Also, the former will help if you need these pumps just for relieving your engorged breast. The latter will help if you need the extraction to happen quickly.
- Hygiene: When it comes to shopping for a breast pump, hygiene should be given the utmost importance. When you feed your baby directly, you need not have to worry about hygiene. But, as you will be feeding after storing the milk for some time when using the pump, you should check whether the pump will ensure hygiene. This is important for your baby’s health as well.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Breast Pump?
When shopping for a breast pump, the following features can come in handy:
- Easy to clean: When you are intending to buy a breast pump, you will be highly concerned about the safety of your baby. So, make sure to check whether the pump specifies easy to clean as an essential feature.
- Different power options: If you will do pumping on the go, it is better to choose a breast pump that is both battery-operated and electric powered. Even, at times, it will help if manual extraction is also possible with the device. Just in case, the power goes off and even when the battery dies, the manual operation will help for sure. These options in the pump will ensure that your baby will not go out of breastmilk supply.
- An alarm notification: It would be a great idea if the breast pump reminds you with an alarm that it is time to extract. Of course, you might feel that your body will do it for you with discomfort. But, when you are too busy with your work, you might not notice what your body says. On the other hand, an alarm from the pump will surely remind you.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Breast Pump Cost?
Are you thinking that an affordable breast pump will be enough for you? Then, you can find cheap breast pumps at around $14. On the other hand, if you are particular that you should buy a high-end breast pump, you can find options at around $500. The average cost will be around $250 if you are planning to choose a mid-range pump.
A breast pump is meant not just for working moms. But, even if the baby is separated from the mom for some reason in the neonatal unit, this pump can come in handy. So, make sure to choose the right pump and keep feeding your baby with healthy breastmilk.