Top Pick Baby Training Cups
- Set of (2) 7 ounce toddler cups with dentist recommended spotless design
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when you are done drinking
- Handles are easy for little hands to hold
- Easy to clean with no extra valves or parts
- Set includes (4) cups with removable press fit training lids
- Modern, bright design with white accents (4 colors included)
- Cups nest together for easy storage
- 7 ounce capacity for juice, milk and water
- BPA free, top rack dishwasher safe, 18 Plus months
- EASY TRANSITION FROM BOTTLE TO CUP – This MAM baby training cup comes with a spill-free nipple and...
- WIDE OPENING AT THE TOP FOR EASY CLEANING – The wide opening at the top of the toddler cup makes it easy to...
- NON-SLIP HANDLES – This MAM baby cup features handles that are durable and perfectly sized for baby to grip...
- INCLUDES NIPPLE & SPOUT – This cup for baby includes one dust cap to keep clean and an extra-soft nipple to...
- PRODUCT DETAILS – MAM Trainer Cup (1 Count), Baby Cup With Handles, Sippy Cup for Babies with Non-Slip...
- Sip-and-see clear silicone valve for transition to a big kid cup
- Drink from any edge for leak-free learning; Shaped like a real cup with beveled sides
- Translucent design shows when it's time for a refill
- Dishwasher safe (top-rack only)
- Available in 7 oz/200 ml with handles for easy grip; Available in 10 oz/300 ml with narrow design for little...
- Bpa free 2 pack toddler sippy cup with dentist recommended, spoutless design
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when child stops drinking
- Easy to clean, with no extra valves or parts top rack dishwasher safe
- 12 plus months
- Promotes easy drinking transition from breast to bottle to independent feeding
- Spout is 45% wider for a more natural feel, allowing baby to grow with the NUK Simply Natural platform of...
- Cup features ergonomic, easy to hold handles, spill-proof, soft silicone spout, Anti-Colic Air Vent that helps...
- Dishwasher safe, BPA free, 6m+
- Compared to the NUK Fashion Learner Cup
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easier
- Easy grip, anti-slip handles are easy for baby to hold and removable as baby grows
- Spill-proof, soft spout is designed to be gentle on gums while teaching baby to drink from a spout. Liquids...
- Air vent helps reduce swallowed air
- BPA-free; Dishwasher-safe; Recommended for ages 6m plus
- Two soft sippy cups designed for infants 4+ months, for a smooth transition from breast or bottle to...
- Soft silicone medium flow bottle nipple and offset soft spout offer multiple drinking options
- Super soft drinking spouts are extra gentle on baby's sensitive gums
- Removable, easy-grip handles designed for tiny hands
- Dishwasher-safe and sterilizer-safe for your convenience
- Soft silicone spout is gentle on baby's gums
- Ultra flexible spout moves with baby
- Removable handles are soft and easy to hold
- 4 plus months
- BPA-free & top rack dishwasher safe
- Designed to fit baby’s mouth and hands
- Soft silicone protects baby's developing teeth
- Non-slip silicone grip makes movements to the mouth more successful
- Interior angle provides even flow for safe drinking
- Weighted base and tactile bumps provide topple resistance
Last update on 2021-10-26
What are Baby Training Cups?
The baby training cup was developed to assist babies and young children in the transition from bottle-feeding to cup feeding. The anti-spill cup has a valve that allows the baby or child to drink easily, comfortably, and safely. It should be used at the stage when fluids are introduced into the baby’s diet. The anti-spill cup can be used to serve water, juice, milk, or another drink for the little one – the ideal is to buy a cup for each drink, to avoid unwanted flavors and odors. With the anti-spill cup, the child gains some autonomy. The parents will be at peace, as there is no risk of the child choking on the liquid. The flow is controlled. There’s no chance of spilling the drink on the body or dirtying the floor of the house.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Training Cup?
Little ones need a little help to develop new skills. To learn how to drink milk, water, juice, or any other drink in a glass, it is necessary to go through an adaptation phase with the training cup.
How to Choose the Best Baby Training Cup?
There are two types of training cups for the baby. In addition to training cups with flexible or rigid spouts, you can find models with or without straw.
- Training cups with straw: The cup with straw stimulates the child’s suction. But it can be an obstacle for children who do not know how to perform the suction movement or who do not understand what should be done.
- Training cups without straw: Also calledthe 360º cup, the training cups without straw is the model most similar to a conventional cup. But it has a valve that prevents the liquid from being spilled. It is ideal for children over eight or 12 months of age.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Training Cup?
Some of the features to consider before buying a baby training cup include:
- Nozzle shape and material: If you prefer to buy a training cup with a spout, note the shape, position, and material of the piece. The cup with a flexible silicone nipple is great for babies who suck on the bottle, as it is very similar to the nipple of the bottle. It is not indicated for breastfeeding, as it can cause nipple confusion. Buy a cup with a stiff nipple if you are still breastfeeding and want to continue breastfeeding the baby so it does not cause nipple confusion. It is ideal for feeding liquids to babies aged four to six months. The extra soft and flexible silicone nipple is ideal for baby’s sensitive gums, while the rigid nipple is resistant to bites.
- The position of the nozzle: Also, analyze the position of the nozzle. The centralized nipple, like in a baby bottle, is ideal for very young children. The mouthpiece on the side of the cup, on the other hand, encourages the child to start drinking at the edge of the cup, just like in a regular cup. Look for a model in which the ergonomic shape of the cup and the position of the spout promotes the proper posture of the baby or child while he drinks.
- With or without handles: Most anti-spill cup models have a pair of removable handles that allow your child to hold the cup more easily and safely. These handles are ergonomic and designed especially for baby’s delicate little hands. The handles stimulate the development of the child’s motor skills.
- The manufacturer of the cup: When choosing a training cup, or any other object for your baby, buy items that ensure ease of handling, development of motor skills, and safety of the little ones. Some of the best brands in the children’s accessories segment are: Philips Avent, Lillo, NUK, MAM, Clingo, among others. But be sure to buy an anti-spill cup with a factory warranty and parts sold separately.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Training Cup Cost?
Cheap baby training cups have a starting price of just $5. These are generally the 360° models without straws. Affordable ones are slightly more resistant, are made by brands like Philips and NUK. They have a price range of $7 to $10. Meanwhile, the high-end training cups have straws and cost more than $10.
The training cup controls the flow of liquid, preventing children from suffocating or spilling the drink on themselves. It is perfect to use at home, take to school, on tours or trips. For older children, avoid buying the training cup with handles. Instead, choose a model with an anatomical and ergonomic shape.