Top Pick Baby Sippy Cups
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easier
- Easy grip, anti-slip handles are easy for baby to hold and removable as baby grows
- Spill-proof, soft spout is designed to be gentle on gums while teaching baby to drink from a spout. Liquids...
- Air vent helps reduce swallowed air
- BPA-free; Dishwasher-safe; Recommended for ages 6m plus
- Set of (2) 7 ounce toddler cups with dentist recommended spotless design
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when you are done drinking
- Handles are easy for little hands to hold
- Easy to clean with no extra valves or parts
- Two (2) weighted straw sippy cups with 7 ounce capacity for water, milk or juice
- Flexible, weighted straw is gentle on gums and allows your toddler to hold the cup at any angle
- Improved straw to reduce leaks
- Flip-top lid covers straw while on the go. Includes straw brush for easy cleaning.
- BPA free, top rack dishwasher safe and 6+ months
- Promotes easy drinking transition from breast to bottle to independent feeding
- Spout is 45% wider for a more natural feel, allowing baby to grow with the NUK Simply Natural platform of...
- Cup features ergonomic, easy to hold handles, spill-proof, soft silicone spout, Anti-Colic Air Vent that helps...
- Dishwasher safe, BPA free, 6m+
- Compared to the NUK Fashion Learner Cup
- Soft silicone spout is gentle on baby's gums
- Ultra flexible spout moves with baby
- Removable handles are soft and easy to hold
- 4 plus months
- BPA-free & top rack dishwasher safe
- Facilitates the transition between bottle and sippy cup for babies 4 plus months
- Comes with fast flow bottle nipple and soft silicone spout
- Trainer handles with soft grips are easy for little hands to hold
- Few parts make assembly and cleaning a breeze; dishwasher safe
- BPA-free; Flexible spiral design, combined with our unique comfort petals to create a flexible nipple,...
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easy on baby and parents with handles that are perfect for little...
- No-Spill soft silicone Super Spout helps promote baby's oral development without leaks or spills
- TOUCH-FLO valve allows baby to control liquid's flow rate
- Colors may vary. You will receive one of the following colors: Pink with Green Top, Green with Orange Top,...
- 4 Months + / BPA Free
- Pack includes 2 No-Spill Super Spout Grip N' Sip Cups (1 Red, 1 Blue)
- Perfect cup for transitioning to self-feeding and drinking
- Durable handles are designed for small hands and are easy to hold
- Features No-Spill soft silicone spout, which reduces the risk of messes
- 4 Months + / BPA Free
- Semi soft spout Sippy Cup is gentle on gums but built tough for teeth. Trainer sippy spout with a subtle...
- No Spill SIPPY CUP with sip activated flow for spill free drinking
- Interchangeable lids, spouts and cups, all BPA, Latex and PVC free
- Easy-to-hold 7 oz. Sippy cup with ergonomic indents for proper hand placement and non-slip removable handles
- Easy to keep clean - snap-on cap keeps spout clean when not in use and minimal parts are dishwasher safe and...
- Flip-top Straw Trainer sippy cup with soft silicone bendable straw is a great introduction to straws and...
- Double-wall insulation keeps drinks cooler longer with this 9 ounce insulated cup that's BPA, Latex and PVC...
- No Spill straw sippy cup as gentle sipping activates the flow for spill free drinking. Recommended for ages 12...
- Easy to grip cup has ergonomic indents for proper hand placement, and the cup shape is easy for kids to hold
- Easy to keep clean - convenient flip-top cover keeps the straw clean when not in use; minimal parts are easy...
Last update on 2021-10-26
What are Baby Sippy Cups?
The baby sippy cup is a special cup-shaped glass or plastic container which babies can use for learning to drink while preventing or reducing spills. Unlike a traditional cup, it has a lid with a spout. Some models work thanks to the surface tension that prevents liquid from escaping even when the glass is upside down, while others have an anti-drop valve.
A drip cup is generally used in the intermediate stage of transition when the child stops drinking from the bottle but is not yet ready for the traditional open cup.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Sippy Cup?
Switching from bottle or breast to proper cup can be a challenge for many little ones, and a sippy cup is an ideal product to fill that gap. While the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends giving up the bottle for ages 12 and 24 months, there is understandably a learning curve that will lead to large spills in the meantime, and that’s where sippy cups come in.
How to Choose the Best Baby Sippy Cup?
There are a lot of options to choose from. Among them include:
- Training cup: These models are a great place to start because they typically have two handles, one on each side. They usually have a non-slip grip that allows the child to hold the cup easily. Like the baby bottle, they must be turned upside down to drink.
- Cups with spout: The next step consists of a drip cup with a spout. Most of these containers have a cap inside the cup to prevent liquid from leaking out. They are a traditional option you are probably familiar with and come in a variety of styles and designs.
- 360° cups: With such a cup, your child can drink all along the rim. When he stops drinking, the baby cup’s automatic seal locks into place, preventing leakage. There is no spout, so some dentists say it is better for developing your little one’s mouth too.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Sippy Cup?
Drinking styles aside, sippy cups offer several features to support your little one in their transition to using a regular cup.
- Leak-proof mechanism: It’s one of the most important factors to keep in mind because the last thing you want is another mess to clean up. Some cups offer a valve inside the spout. The best drip cups are easy to clean to avoid a buildup of matter around the valve and through the straw.
- Comfortable handles: For babies and toddlers, holding a cup while trying to drink can be quite difficult until they have gained the necessary security. Cup handles can help instill some confidence by encouraging your little one to ditch the bottle.
- BPA free materials: If you choose a dishwasher-safe plastic cup in assorted colors, make sure it is BPA-free. Prolonged exposure to this substance could cause neurodevelopmental abnormalities and other dysfunctions.
- Stable base: Not all cups you find on the market have a well-designed base, especially those at a low price. So, once placed they may tip over. Even with a drip function, there is a chance that liquid will leak. A stable base is therefore important
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Sippy Cup Cost?
The best cheap baby Sippy cups are sold for as low as $3. You can find affordable sippy cups with anti-spill designs for as low as $7 to $10. Meanwhile, high-end sippy cups with straws or insulation can be found for a price range of $10 to $20.
The transition to the cup from bottle is an important achievement for your child. Give your child the peace of mind needed to hone this new skill. And if one cup doesn’t work, try another with a different design. Your pediatrician is a precious resource to clear up any doubts during this delicate phase.