Table of Contents
Top Pick Baby Sippy Cups
- Weighted straw and easy-to-hold handles allow your toddler to hold the cup at any angle
- 8 ounce capacity for water, milk or juice. Includes straw brush for easy cleaning
- Flip-top lid covers straw while on the go
- Improved straw to reduce leaks
- BPA free, top rack dishwasher safe and 6 plus months
- TRANSITION SIPPY BOTTLE. As baby’s feeding progresses, transition to soft silicone sippy spout and flexible silicone handles to teach new skills
- SIPPY BOTTLE WITH HANDLES. Easy grip removable 100% silicone handles are flexible and easy to hold. Bottle handles are interchangeable and fit most other wide-neck bottles.
- 100% SILICONE SIPPY SPOUT. Sippy spout fits any Dr. Brown’s Options+ Wide-Neck bottle. Just remove the vent system.
- GROWS WITH BABY. Sippy spout helps teach baby new drinking skills while using the bottle that’s familiar to baby.
- TRAVEL SIPPY BOTTLE. Snap-on cap keeps the spout clean when on the go.
- Set of (2) 7 ounce toddler cups with dentist recommended spotless design
- Shades may vary, you may receive bright blue/green or light blue/green
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when you are done drinking
- Handles are easy for little hands to hold
- Spills and leaks are a thing of the past. With Nuby’s Clik-It Grip N' Sip cup, parents don’t have to worry anymore about accidents and the stains that come with them.
- No leaks, no mess. The cup features a pressure-sensitive Touch-Flo valve that helps prevent leaks.
- Hear the sweet sound of security. The Clik-It top clicks into place, ensuring it's closed tight.
- Designed to help your kiddo get a grip. Nuby’s Clik-It Grip N' Sip cup with Easy Grip handles is easy for little hands to hold.
- Nuby always keeps your family’s safety in mind. The Clik-It Grip N' Sip cup is made of BPA free materials.
- Sip and tip in any direction! Simplify the bottle to cup transition with a soft, weighted straw that lets baby drink from any angle – helping them transition from tipping the cup upside-down to...
- Handles lock in place to make it easy for little hands to hold. The cup is contoured, and the handles are removable, so it grows with baby as their cup holding skills improve.
- The travel-friendly lid slides open when baby drinks and keeps the straw clean when not in use – plus it’s spill-proof!
- All parts are removable for easy cleaning and preventing dirt build-up. Dishwasher (top rack) safe. Electric sterilizer and boiling safe. Do not put in microwave. Straw cleaning brush included.
- 9 oz/270 mL. BPA free. 6m+
- Designed with a one-piece, built-in valve to prevent spills
- Rippled anti-slip texture is easy for little hands to hold
- Flexible, soft silicone spout is gentle on gums
- Few parts make assembly and cleaning a breeze and all parts are dishwasher safe
- Made of BPA-free material
- Helps make the transition from bottle to cup easier
- Easy-grip, anti-slip handles are removable as baby grows
- Spill-proof soft spout is gentle on teeth and gums
- Air vent helps reduce swallowed air
- BPA free; dishwasher safe; Recommended for ages 6m plus
- Soft silicone spout is gentle on baby's gums
- Shades may vary, you may receive bright green or light green
- Ultra flexible spout moves with baby
- Removable handles are soft and easy to hold
- 4 plus months
- Spill-proof: Learning to drink should be fun, but it doesnt have to be messy. To help prevent messy spills, this toddler water bottle has a two-piece, detachable non-spill valve
- Bite-resistant: The durable, long lasting one-piece spout is gentle on little mouths but tough enough to withstand tiny teeth
- Playful: Toddlers will love drinking from the bright and colorful cups to stay hydrated throughout the day
- Easy-hold: Designed with toddlers in mind, the easy-grip trainer handles allow your toddler to easily carry their bottle whenever they need to drink
- Easy clean and BPA-free: Our Sippee water bottles are easy to clean and are also sterilizer and dishwasher safe. All our products are BPA, BPS, PVC, Phthalate and Nitrosamine free
- 【First Stage Infant Drinking Cups】 Moonkie First Stage Infant Drinking Cup (4 oz) is the ideal transition for your little ones to wean from the bottle. Our set is designed to encourage a smooth...
- 【Soft & Durable Food Grade Silicone】 Our baby straw cup are made from 100% food-grade silicone and are free of BPA, PVC, Phthalates, and any other heavy metals. The Soft silicone spout and straw...
- 【Three-in-one Design (with straw + spout + open cup)】 Our baby cup features a versatile three-in-one design that can be converted from a sippy cup to a straw cup to an open cup, encouraging your...
- 【Leak Proof & Spill Proof】 No more worries about spills from your little one's playful hands! Our baby cups are equipped with a double-seal structure that keeps the lid securely closed, even if...
- 【Perfect for Baby Hands & Non-choking Design】 The valve built into the straw provides even flow for safe drinking without any choking or gagging hazards. Moonkie transition cups (4oz) hold the...
Last update on 2023-09-23
What are Baby Sippy Cups?
The baby sippy cup is a special cup-shaped glass or plastic container which babies can use for learning to drink while preventing or reducing spills. Unlike a traditional cup, it has a lid with a spout. Some models work thanks to the surface tension that prevents liquid from escaping even when the glass is upside down, while others have an anti-drop valve.
A drip cup is generally used in the intermediate stage of transition when the child stops drinking from the bottle but is not yet ready for the traditional open cup.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Sippy Cup?
Switching from bottle or breast to proper cup can be a challenge for many little ones, and a sippy cup is an ideal product to fill that gap. While the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends giving up the bottle for ages 12 and 24 months, there is understandably a learning curve that will lead to large spills in the meantime, and that’s where sippy cups come in.
How to Choose the Best Baby Sippy Cup?
There are a lot of options to choose from. Among them include:
- Training cup: These models are a great place to start because they typically have two handles, one on each side. They usually have a non-slip grip that allows the child to hold the cup easily. Like the baby bottle, they must be turned upside down to drink.
- Cups with spout: The next step consists of a drip cup with a spout. Most of these containers have a cap inside the cup to prevent liquid from leaking out. They are a traditional option you are probably familiar with and come in a variety of styles and designs.
- 360° cups: With such a cup, your child can drink all along the rim. When he stops drinking, the baby cup’s automatic seal locks into place, preventing leakage. There is no spout, so some dentists say it is better for developing your little one’s mouth too.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Sippy Cup?
Drinking styles aside, sippy cups offer several features to support your little one in their transition to using a regular cup.
- Leak-proof mechanism: It’s one of the most important factors to keep in mind because the last thing you want is another mess to clean up. Some cups offer a valve inside the spout. The best drip cups are easy to clean to avoid a buildup of matter around the valve and through the straw.
- Comfortable handles: For babies and toddlers, holding a cup while trying to drink can be quite difficult until they have gained the necessary security. Cup handles can help instill some confidence by encouraging your little one to ditch the bottle.
- BPA free materials: If you choose a dishwasher-safe plastic cup in assorted colors, make sure it is BPA-free. Prolonged exposure to this substance could cause neurodevelopmental abnormalities and other dysfunctions.
- Stable base: Not all cups you find on the market have a well-designed base, especially those at a low price. So, once placed they may tip over. Even with a drip function, there is a chance that liquid will leak. A stable base is therefore important
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Sippy Cup Cost?
The best cheap baby Sippy cups are sold for as low as $3. You can find affordable sippy cups with anti-spill designs for as low as $7 to $10. Meanwhile, high-end sippy cups with straws or insulation can be found for a price range of $10 to $20.
The transition to the cup from bottle is an important achievement for your child. Give your child the peace of mind needed to hone this new skill. And if one cup doesn’t work, try another with a different design. Your pediatrician is a precious resource to clear up any doubts during this delicate phase.