Top Pick Baby Seats
- 3-stages: soft foam support seat, activity seat, booster seat (chair straps included)
- Soft foam insert adds comfort and helps baby sit upright and includes 3-point harness for safety
- 360 degree rotating tray with a variety of activities to keep baby engaged
- 6 playful toys with detachable toy bar
- Removable snack tray with two cup holders
- 2 positions for baby (approximately 4-12 months): position 1 - ready to learn; for babies who can hold their...
- Folds flat for storage & Travel
- Soft fabric seat with built-in head support for baby; machine washable
- 2 soft, removable toys (rattle and crinkle toy)
- 3-Point safety harness
- Wipe able feeding seat and washable tray for easier cleaning
- Safe & secure baby seat for sitting up
- Converts from baby booster to toddler seat
- Removable tray stores neatly under the booster seat
- Mealtime seat for at home or on the go use. Age minimum - 6 months
- Baby floor seat and booster: Safely place baby in the Upseat baby seat for sitting up or use as a baby feeding...
- Developed by experts: Developed with the help of physical therapists, this seat for baby engages the muscles...
- Lifetime return or replace policy: Each Upseat baby foam chair comes with a lifetime return or replace policy;...
- Natural & healthy hip development: Upseat baby chairs for sitting up provide room for chubby legs and...
- Portable & travel friendly: Upseat baby seats for sitting up feature a handle for a portable & travel friendly...
- Wide, sturdy base supports baby in an upright position, Maximum Weight Recommended: 25 pound
- Removable clackers and bat at spinners for play
- Convenient snacking tray
- Folds flat for space saving storage or comfort on the go
- Soft, cozy seat pad is removable and machine washable
- Frustration free packaging: Easy to open, 100 percent recyclable, and less packaging waste
- Soft, cushy seat pad provides a comfy environment
- Supports baby in an upright position
- Wide, sturdy base helps keep baby comfortable & well supported
- 2 linkable toys for playtime
- Portable baby seat and rocking chair for use from infant to toddler (up to 40 pounds/18 kilograms)
- Two recline positions and removable toy bar with two bat-at toys
- Calming vibrations help soothe your baby
- Fold-out kickstand for stationary seating
- Machine-washable seat pad
- An industry first, UPPAbaby Mesa's smart secure auto-retracting mini latch connectors combined with a red to...
- Infant carrier not included
- Streamlined, low-profile base. Fits all year MESA infant car seats.
- Smooth, finished base bottom won't damage car interiors
- Red-to-green tightness indicator.ABS plastic and metal construction Dimensions Infant Car Seat: 25.8”L x...
- Child development: The Discovery Seat features a unique snack time tray and removable toys for sensory play;...
- Engaging activities: This infant activity seat includes 6 engaging activities, including the engaging light-up...
- Three in one: Seated positioner with toy tray, snack time booster and table booster seat with entertainment...
- Comfortable and easy to clean: The Discovery Booster Seat has a wipeable seat cushion for easy cleaning and...
- Keeps children safe: The Discovery Booster Seat comes with a secure chair & seat harness that keeps your baby...
- Portable infant seat that helps your baby sit up
- Supports your baby in an upright position with a wide, sturdy base
- 2 linkable toys keep your baby entertained
- Folds flat for space-saving storage or travel
- Seat pad is removable and machine washable
Last update on 2021-04-09
What are Baby Seats?
The use of the baby seat in the car arises from the need to protect the little ones from traumas they can suffer in the event of a road accident. Due to reduced weight and height compared to those of an adult, children are likely to derive more harm than benefit from the traditional safety systems present on cars (e.g. seat belts). These are designed to protect adults of weight and usually much greater stature. In the event of an accident, the figures clearly show that children in a car seat are three times less likely to be injured in an accident. A baby seat, therefore, provides the best safety for your child.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Seat?
Very often, children are seen held in their arms in the back seat of the car. This practice is very dangerous for the safety of the child and is prohibited by the Highway Code. A good baby seat protects the child from slight rear-end collision or simple violent braking.
How to Choose the Best Baby Seats?
There are various types of car seats you can choose from on the market. The law distinguishes 5 different types of child seats, substantially distinguished according to the weight of the little passengers:
- Group 0: The so-called carry-cots also belong to this group. They are used to transport babies from birth to 10 kg.
- Group 0+: These are baby seats used for children up to 13 kg. They allow the child to be placed in a semi-recumbent position, supporting the back.
- Group 1: These are suitable for children between 9 and 18 kg. Contrary to the previous ones, they are mounted in the direction of travel. Like the previous group, they also have built-in seat belts, to be fastened in all circumstances.
- Group 2: These are to be used for babies weighing between 15 and 25 kg and must be mounted in the direction of travel.
- Group 3: These are to be used for babies between 25 and 36 kg in weight. They are essentially cushions with armrests.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Seat?
To choose the best baby seats, take into account some of the following features or criteria:
- Safety: The safety of the seat is the most important factor of all and has the greatest weight in our evaluation. Your chosen model must be certified by the child safety organization(s). Although a car seat may seem well built or have valuable features. It’s only when it’s subjected to real crash-tests can they be proven to be really safe.
- Ergonomics: The seat must be comfortable for your little one, but also for us parents when, for example, you place it in the seat or tighten the safety straps.
- Installation: You should also take into account the ease of installation of the seat. This involves the provision of clear instructions, the presence of indicators for correct assembly, etc.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Seat Cost?
You can find affordable baby seat models for less than $100. These are cheap baby seats from little-known brands. But, the price may climb to an average of up to $400 for high-end baby seats of well-known brands and innovative models. And if you take, for example, upgradeable seats, it takes an additional $50 to 100 or even more.
A baby seat is indispensable for traveling parents who want to take their baby along. Asides from the functional purposes they serve in transit, they are required by law in many regions of the world. While choosing, consider the class and the features recommended to watch out for.