Table of Contents
Top Rated Baby Safe Cleaning Products
- Made without ammonia, bleach, phosphates, phthalates, sulfates, fragrances or dyes
- Made with plant-derived cleaning power and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients
- Dermatologist tested
- Works great on hard surfaces, glass, stainless steel, tiles, walls, sealed hardwood floors and cabinets
- You will receive (4) 24 Ounce bottles of Dreft All Purpose Cleaner
- SAFELY CLEANS SURFACES YOUR CHILD TOUCHES: Dreft gentle all purpose cleaners are specially formulated to effectively and safely clean surfaces your child touches. No strong fumes & won't irritate...
- USE ANYWHERE TO CLEAN TOUGH MESSES: Ideal for high chairs, toys, tables, crib rails, glass and more
- USDA CERTIFIED BIOBASED PRODUCT: Made with Plant Based Ingredients, free of dyes, chlorine and phosphates. Hypoallergenic.
- FROM THE #1 PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED BABY DETERGENT BRAND: If you love our All Purpose Spray, try our other effective, safe products. Dreft Laundry Stain Remover, Dreft Baby Bottle Dish Soap and Dreft...
- Made without ammonia, bleach, phthalates, sulfates
- Fragrance free
- Made with plant-derived cleaning power and other thoughtful ingredients
- Durable and non-abrasive
- Quick and convenient
- Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner for cutting grease, grime and dirt everywhere in your home and beyond
- Biodegradable, septic safe, and USDA Certified Biobased Product 95%
- No harsh chemicals, petroleum based solvents, glycol ethers, phosphates, acids, caustics, dyes or fragrances
- 100% post consumer recycled plastic bottle
- No rinsing required after using on your surfaces, simply spray and wipe clean
- SANITIZES baby's eating surfaces on high chairs and tables; food surface contact safe
- NO HARMFUL RESIDUE; Spray directly on teethers, pacifiers, and sippy cups without rinsing
- HEALTHIER NURSERY; Kills E. coli on changing table and diaper genie; kills flu, strep, cold and RSV
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, SMART SCIENCE; Free of gluten, alcohol, allergens, fragrance and ammonia
- NATURE'S GERM KILLER; Hypochlorous is made by the body's immune system; Approved for use in NICU
- ALL PURPOSE CLEANER: Simply spray and wipe away gunk, grime and sticky fingerprints from the surfaces your baby touches most without the worry of leftover harsh chemical residue. Perfect for cleaning...
- EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL PLANT-BASED CLEANING: Powered by plants to effectively clean surfaces without harsh leftover chemical residue.
- MINDFUL INGREDIENTS: Dapple All Purpose Spray is a Clean Label Project Purity Award Winner for clean and pure ingredients, is pediatrician and dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, made with...
- MADE WITH LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: Lightly fragranced with natural lavender essential oil and no synthetic fragrances.
- CONVENIENT SPRAY: Comes in a convenient spray format.
- Quick and easy multi surface spray removes stuck on dirt
- A fresh way to clean, refresh, and remove odors from non-porous surfaces throughout the house
- Garden-fresh Honeysuckle cleaner has a tempting sweet scent - a charming mix of flowers and fruits
- Safe to use as a hardwood floor cleaner, tile cleaner, on countertops, walls and more
- Multi purpose cleaner for use in the kitchen, bathroom, and other rooms throughout the house
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE AND APPROVED for sanitizing DAY CARE CENTERS in all 50 states
- POWERFUL YET GENTLE enough for everyday use, leaves no harsh residue, just spray and let air dry
- HEALTHIER PLAY AREAS; Sanitized chew toys, baby carrier, stroller, potty training, and car seat
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, SMART SCIENCE; Free of bleach, gluten, alcohol, allergens, fragrance and ammonia
- NATURE'S GERM KILLER; Hypochlorous is made by the body's immune system; Approved for use in NICU
- FamilyGuard Brand Disinfectant Cleaner is expertly formulated for use in homes with children and pets
- Voted #1 Product of the Year, Winner of the Home Cleaning Category. Survey of 40,000 people by Kantar
- Kills 99.9% of viruses, including Covid-19 virus on hard, non-porous surfaces
- Disinfects and cuts through dirt, dust, grease and grime
- Foaming formula is gentle on surfaces, not on germs
- MULTI SURFACE CLEANER: Clorox Compostable Cleaning Wipes effectively clean and wipe down messes without the worry of harsh chemical fumes or residue, so they’re safe to use around kids, pets and...
- POWERFUL CLEAN: Clorox Compostable cleaning wipes are tough on grease and bathroom soils and cut through grime on a variety of hard surfaces throughout your home including sealed wood sealed granite...
- COMPOSTABLE WIPES: EPA Safer Choice certified Clorox Compostable Cleaning Wipes are durable and made from plant based fibers that are compostable in municipal composting facilities. Do no flush wipe.
- ALL PURPOSE WIPES: These easily accessible cleaning wipes are perfect to grab for everyday cleanups and tough messes on multiple surfaces throughout your home.
- LEMON SCENT: The refreshing scent of Simply Lemon in these Clorox wipes will leave your home smelling bright, clean and fresh without harsh chemical fumes or residue.
Last update on 2024-02-11
What is Baby Safe Cleaning Products?
Baby Safe Cleaning Products are cleaning products that are made of non-toxic ingredients. Most baby-friendly cleaning supplies contain natural substances that are non-hazardous to humans. These cleaning products are not just safe for kids, but also adults.
The absence of toxic chemicals such as Perchloroethylene, Formaldehyde, Ammonia, Sodium Hydroxide, or Chlorine is what makes baby safe cleaning supplies a healthier choice. With the help of baby-friendly cleaning products, you can clean your home without any worries.
Babies tend to put pick things up from the floor and put them directly in their mouths. This is why cleaning your house with non-toxic cleaning products is the safest option.
Why Should You Buy Good Baby Safe Cleaning Products?
There are hundreds of brands claiming to offer baby safe cleaning products. But only a handful of them is true to their claims. Many brands combine natural substances with toxins and synthetics. The worst part is they won’t even disclose all their ingredients on the product label. So you need to be careful of those misleading brands.
Buying good baby-friendly cleaning supplies can be advantageous to you in many ways.
- Non-toxic: Cleaning with products containing toxic substances can be hazardous to your and your baby’s health. This should be the most obvious reason to get baby-friendly cleaning products in the first place.
- Skin-friendly: While cleaning your skin might get exposed to the chemicals present in the cleaning products. Although you can wear gloves, it is wiser to use baby-safe products as they are less harsh on your skin.
- Not harmful to the environment: Many baby safe cleaning products are eco-friendly. You should be using more of these products as they are less harmful to the environment. Unlike traditional cleaning supplies, baby safe cleaning products are free of toxic chemicals.
How to Choose the Best Baby Safe Cleaning Products?
Baby-safe cleaning products are popular because they are free of harmful and toxic chemicals. They are safe for children, adults, as well as pets.
When buying baby-friendly cleaning products you should check the product label to learn the ingredients. The chemicals you should avoid are:
- Petroleum solvents
- Hydrochloric acid
- Glycol ethers
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
If you notice any of these chemicals printed on the product label, you know that it is not safe for babies. These chemicals can pose serious health threats if ingested accidentally. For babies, even breathing in the fumes can be harmful.
An average household uses a wide range of cleaning items. This includes dishwasher detergents, laundry detergents, drain cleaners, floor cleaners, toilet cleaners, and more. No matter, what type of cleaning products you use, makes sure that it is safe for babies. After all, you wouldn’t want them to accidentally touch or ingest cleaning products and fall ill.
Cleaning products containing toxic chemicals can lead to various health issues like respiratory problems, liver and kidney issues, headaches, diarrhoea, and even blindness. When buying cleaning supplies for your home, check for markings such as:
If you find any of these words on the product label, you should read the ingredients to learn what it contains. The presence of any of these strong words indicates that the product is not safe for kids, and you should keep it away from their reach.
When buying the best baby safe cleaning products make sure to pay attention to these details.
1. Identify health concerns and allergies
When buying a new baby-friendly cleaning product for your home, you should consider your family member’s unique requirements. For example, is your kid allergic to sulfates, parabens, or any other chemical? Or do you have anyone who is immunocompromised? These are some important things you should remember when selecting the best cleaning products. This will help you to decide on which products to choose and which ones to avoid.
It is always recommended you get cleaning solutions that are odour-free. This also includes products that come with a strong fragrance. The ingredients used for fragrances may cause watery eyes, headaches, sneezing, and respiratory irritation. Also, it is not safe for small kids to inhale such a strong smell as they are more sensitive to chemicals. If your kids have asthma or allergic problems, you should completely avoid fragrant cleaning solutions for your home.
3. Know what to avoid
Due to increasing awareness of people about products safety and impact on the environment and health, some cleaning solutions are no longer considered safe, especially for kids. For example, chlorine bleaching was once considered to be the top choice in cleaning solutions. But today, chlorine-based cleaning products are considered harmful for both kids and adults. Luckily, there are many other alternatives for you to choose from.
Keeping your house clean while taking care of your baby’s safety is what every parent should do. If you are still using traditional cleaning products, it’s time for you to switch to better alternatives for everyone’s health and safety.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying Baby Safe Cleaning Products?
Most cleaning brands claim to offer the best baby safe cleaning products. But not all of them are to be trusted. As already mentioned above, some brands are misleading. As responsible parents, you should avoid buying such brands.
When it comes to buying baby safe cleaning solutions, there are a few important factors or features that you should remember. To help you out, we have explained all those important features in the pointers below.
First thing first, you must always check the list of ingredients before buying a cleaning solution. It is not very wise to blindly trust the claims of brands. You should rather check it for yourself.
Check the label of the product where you will find all the ingredients used in it. If you see any harmful chemicals, you should avoid buying that product. The addition of toxic chemicals makes a product unsafe for both kids and adults. Not just that, but it is also harmful to the environment. You should rather target products that contain natural substances or are eco-friendly.
2. Cleaning power
The next important thing to check is the cleaning power of the product. Selecting a baby safe cleaning solution is great, but at the same time, you need to make sure that it is efficient in cleaning.
In this case, you should look for all-purpose natural cleaners that can be used across a variety of surfaces. These cleaning solutions are usually more powerful and popular than other products.
3. Safety rating
Some cleaning products may appear to be safe as they are made of natural ingredients. But the tricky thing is they can be still harmful to your baby’s health. For example, some fragrances can cause respiratory issues, allergies, or other problems. This is why you should check the safety rating of the product before getting it home.
The best cleaning products are the ones with an A or B rating. A-rated cleaning solutions have the lowest concern as they are not harmful to health and the environment. Even B-rated products are of low concern. Regardless of the rating of a cleaning product, you should keep it away from your kids, so that they can’t touch or ingest it.
If you are planning to get a new baby-friendly cleaning product, it is always good to check the reviews first. This will give you an idea about the product’s performance and how other users like it.
You can check feedbacks and product reviews online. Most feedbacks given by other users are genuine. Based on the feedback you can decide whether to get the product for your home or not.
5. Sustainable packaging
Some cleaning solutions come with sustainable packaging. For example, they are made with biodegradable or recycled materials.
Getting natural and baby safe products are not enough. You should also care for the environment. Look for products with sustainable packaging, so you can help reduce waste.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Safe Cleaning Product Cost?
Like any other product, baby-safe cleaning solutions are also available in different price ranges. From cheap baby safe cleaning products to high-end solutions, you can get products as per your budget.
But in many cases, affordable baby safe cleaning products are not very efficient. Considering that your baby’s safety is your priority, we recommend you to opt for high-end baby safe cleaning products that are trusted by many people.
The average cost of baby safe cleaning products starts from $6 and can go up to $25 or higher.
Using baby-friendly cleaning products for your home is safe for everyone. The speciality of these cleaning solutions is that they are free of toxic chemicals that are harmful to health and the environment. By switching to baby safe cleaning solutions you can bring a better and healthier change to your home. Look for top-rated cleaning solutions that are made of natural ingredients. But before getting it home make sure to check the product label.