Table of Contents
Top Pick Baby Lotions
- 27.1-fluid ounces of Johnson's Mild Baby Moisturizing Pink Lotion with coconut oil hydrates and nourishes your little one's skin and moisturizes to help maintain baby's healthy-looking skin
- The improved formula of this hypoallergenic pink baby body lotion is 100% gentle and mild, and free of dyes, parabens and phthalates
- Made with the naturally derived ingredient coconut oil, the newborn baby lotion is designed with input from parents like you and helps delicate baby skin maintain its natural moisture balance
- Our reformulated pink baby lotion is specifically designed for baby's unique and delicate skin and is both hypoallergenic and pediatrician- and dermatologist-tested for gentle moisturizing
- Suitable for babies, kids and adults, this baby body lotion can be used as part of a regular skin care routine by massaging onto skin after a bath or when baby has dry skin for hydration that's gentle...
- 18-fluid ounces of Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Moisturizing Body Lotion with relaxing lavender and vanilla scents to help comfort and soothe your little one
- Calming lavender baby lotion helps soothe your little one's delicate skin with dimethicone skin protectant and skin-nourishing natural oatmeal
- This pH-balanced moisturizing baby lotion is specially formulated for infants and is free of parabens, phthalates, steroids and phenoxyethanol, so it's gentle enough for baby's delicate skin
- This fast-absorbing and non-greasy oatmeal baby body lotion moisturizes baby's skin for a full 24 hours and leaves your little one's skin feeling soft and smooth
- Calming lavender baby lotion can be used as part of a gentle massage before bedtime.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGISTS & NO NASTIES ] CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion is free of fragrance, paraben, dye and phthalates to be gentle on baby's delicate skin and helps to maintain...
- [ DAILY BABY LOTION & GENTLE EFFECTIVE BABY SKIN CARE ] Lightweight, non-greasy baby lotion that absorbs quickly into skin once applied and leaves baby's delicate skin feel smooth and moisturized
- [ ALL DAY HYDRATION ] Formulated with 3 Essential Ceramides to reinforce baby's skin barrier, Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's moisture, and Vitamin E to provide soothing. Provides long-lasting...
- [ National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance] Accepted by the National Eczema Association which only accepts products that have satisfied criteria for use for those with eczema or sensitive skin...
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. Lipids like ceramides fill in the gaps between skin cells so baby's skin can seal...
- 18-fluid ounces of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Body Lotion with natural colloidal oatmeal, dimethicone and rich emollients features a naturally nourishing formula that moisturizes for a full 24 hours
- From a pediatrician- and dermatologist-recommended brand, this baby moisturizing lotion is specially formulated to be gentle enough for babies' delicate skin
- Formulated with natural colloidal oatmeal and dimethicone skin protectant, this oatmeal baby lotion helps prevent and protect dry skin and is gentle enough for everyday use
- Hypoallergenic baby lotion is non-greasy and free of fragrance, parabens, steroids, phenoxyethanol, and phthalates so it won't irritate your little one's sensitive skin
- This daily baby lotion is naturally nourishing and provides relief from chafed, chapped or cracked skin so your baby's delicate skin is protected and moisturized
- 16.9-fluid ounces of Johnson's Skin Nourish Moisturizing Baby Body Lotion with vanilla and oat scents and moisturizers to soothe and relieve dry skin for all-day-long moisture
- This daily lotion moisturizes for 24 hours and offers a non-greasy feel, with 96% agreeing it leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Enriched with moisturizers and a gentle vanilla and oat scents, this skin nourishing lotion is suitable for babies, kids and adults too
- With clinically proven mildness, the hypoallergenic lotion is tested with pediatricians and dermatologists and contains no parabens, phthalates or dyes
- This baby lotion for dry skin is a great addition to a regular skincare routine. After a warm bath or shower with Johnson's Skin Nourish Wash, gently massage lotion over entire body to leave skin...
- CALMING CARE: Baby Dove Calming Moisture Hypoallergenic Baby Lotion (13 oz.) is a nourishing baby lotion with a calming chamomile scent
- SAFETY-TESTED: Our scented lotion for a calming bedtime routine is created without dyes, parabens, or phthalates and ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and pediatrician tested
- NOURISHING BABY LOTION: Made with 100% skin-natural nutrients, which are nutrients identical to those naturally found in skin, and prebiotic moisture to support baby’s skin natural health
- GENTLE HYDRATION: Ideal for a nightly baby massage before bed, our baby body lotion gently moisturizes baby's sensitive skin throughout the night
- HYPOALLERGENIC SKIN CARE: This hypoallergenic body lotion is recommended by 4 out of 5 parents for a calming sleep routine. external survey in the US over 250 persons (2018)
- 27.1-fluid ounce bottle of Johnson's CottonTouch Newborn Baby Face & Body Lotion to nourish and moisturize your newborn baby's skin
- Blended with real cotton, this moisturizing baby lotion is ultra-light and breathable. It absorbs quickly and leaves behind no residue only your newborn baby's touchably soft skin
- It is perfectly pH-balanced to baby's skin, hypoallergenic, and clinically proven to be gentle and mild on newborns. It is free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and dyes for light and delicate care...
- This nourishing body and face lotion is specially designed for your newborn's skin to leave it feeling soft and provides light and silky moisturization that lasts for 24 hours
- Johnson's products are designed to meet or exceed the top internationally recognized regulatory standards. Look for other products in the Johnson's CottonTouch Line.
- Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion: Specially designed to moisturize and protect babys sensitive skin from dryness.
- 24 Hour Moisture: Moisturizes your babys delicate skin for 24 hours
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin: Cetaphil Baby is dedicated to expert care for your baby's delicate skin
- Formulated with Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil: Along with sunflower seed oil and unsaturated acids to further soften skin
- Safe and Gentle : Paraben free, colorant free, mineral oil free and hypoallergenic
- 27.1-fluid ounces of Johnson's Moisturizing Bedtime baby lotion with a new formula featuring special relaxing aromatic blend that helps to soothe your baby and leave your little one's skin feeling...
- This Bedtime baby body lotion is made with NaturalCalm aromas, a special blend of gentle and calming scents to help soothe and relax baby before bed
- Dermatologist and pediatrician-tested, this mild baby lotion is specially formulated for babies and is designed to be gentle, never harsh. It features a unique formula that is hypoallergenic,...
- Formulated with the naturally derived ingredient coconut oil, the nourishing and mild body lotion is gentle on baby's delicate skin
- Use this soothing baby lotion in the evening as part of a clinically proven 3-step routine developed and tested by baby sleep experts of warm bath, gentle massage and quiet time to help your baby fall...
- 4-piece Aveeno Baby Daily Bathtime Solutions Baby & Me Gift Set is a collection of baby bath essentials in a convenient, reusable wicker basket that includes everything you need for bath time with...
- Includes an 8 fl. oz. bottle of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Wash & Shampoo that tear free, hypoallergenic & cleanses your baby's hair & sensitive skin without drying, making it gentle enough for...
- Includes an 8 fl. oz. bottle of tear-free Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath & Wash with soothing scents of lavender & vanilla to help naturally relax baby before bedtime for a more restful sleep for...
- Includes an 8 oz. tube of hypoallergenic, fragrance-free Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion that is clinically proven to moisturize for 24 hours to help soothe & relieve baby’s delicate, dry skin
- Includes a 12 fl. oz. bottle of Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash for mom that combines natural colloidal oatmeal with scents of lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang oils for a relaxing soap-free cleanse...
Last update on 2023-09-12
What are Baby Lotions?
Baby lotions are specially designed to hydrate, nourish and soothe the skin of the baby, especially after bath. Baby lotions are moisturizers that offer natural protection against external aggressions. It protects the baby from the cold, the wind, the sun, and other natural, man-sourced, or synthetic agents or elements.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Lotion?
During nine months, in his mother’s womb, babies grow and evolve in an aqueous environment. Their skins, therefore, undergo a “shock” during birth, discovering the terrestrial environment. The newborn then experiences his first baths and discovers his first daily rubbing (with clothes and diapers). The infant’s skin can get weakened, be dehydrated, dry, and/or sensitive. To protect against these problems, a good baby lotion, among other body care products, is required.
How to Choose the Best Baby Lotion?
Faced with the multitude of products, it can sometimes be difficult to navigate and make the best choice. The ideal is to understand our little one’s skin problem to respond as specifically as possible.
- Moisturizing lotion: Babies with slightly dry and/or dehydrated skin need a classic moisturizing lotion.
- Protective lotion: Babies with skin weakened by external aggressions need a protective, sensitive, and ultra-mild lotion to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Atopic lotions: Extremely dry, peeling skin with eczema needs a specific atopic skin cream that will provide immediate relief and deep nutrition.
- Healing lotions: Damaged skins need a repair product to stimulate the repair and regeneration of the skin.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Lotion?
To choose the best lotion products for babies, it’s important to pay attention to their composition, that is to say, the ingredients they contain.
- Avoid SLS: Ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulfate, also called SLS, are on the list of ingredients to avoid. They are surfactants. They serve as emulsifiers, thickeners, and stabilizers. The problem is that these molecules are irritating to the skin, mucous membranes, and eyes. Consequently, if you use products containing SLS too often, you can weaken the skin and its protective layer.
- Watch out for endocrine disruptors! Although they tend to be disappearing from cosmetics, we can still find them in some body products. These conservatives (with various names that all end with -parabens) are the ones that cause allergies. They are suspected of being endocrine disruptors and carcinogens.
- Perfumes and essential oils: Although not dangerous in itself, perfume (and therefore alcohol) must be removed from the composition of children’s products. The same goes for essential oils that are sometimes used in baby body products. Perfumes (such as limonene) are allergenic substances, which can then cause allergies.
- Choose natural and organic baby lotions: As with all family cosmetics, it is better to choose a natural and organic baby lotion. Natural calendula, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and Vitamin E are great ingredients for baby lotions.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Lotion Cost?
Baby lotions are generally inexpensive. The cheapest products are available for $4 to $5. Affordable baby lotions generally sell for under $10. Meanwhile, the high-end baby lotions can cost more than $10 and those in packs sell for around $10 to $25.
The best body lotions for babies are those without alcohol, SLS, essential oils, allergens, and carcinogens. Essential oils are very powerful products and are not appropriate for the little ones. SLS may cause itching, redness or irritation, and even allergies in children. Choose lotions with natural surfactants such as those from coconut (coconut glucocid or lauryl glucoside). Finally, choose a lotion according to your baby’s skin type or skin problem.