Top Pick Baby Conditioners
- 13.6 fluid ounces of Johnson's Ultra-Hydrating Tear-Free Conditioner for kids to instantly nourish and strengthen your child's delicate, dry hair
- Enriched with nourishing pro-Vitamin B5 and proteins, this gentle children's conditioner leaves your kids hair deeply moisturized and hydrated
- Specifically designed to be milder than adult hair products, this hypoallergenic conditioner is sulfate-, paraben-, phthalate-, & dye-free, making it gentle on toddlers' and kids' developing hair
- Johnson's No More Tears formula is gentle and pediatrician and ophthalmologist tested. Every Johnson's product is designed to meet or exceed top internationally recognized regulatory standards
- After using Johnson's Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo for kids, towel dry hair. Dispense a small amount of the pro-Vitamin B5 conditioner into the palm and gently work downward throughout the hair. Rinse...
- 6.8-fluid ounces of Johnson's Curl Defining Tear-Free Leave-In Conditioner for kids to gently smooth frizzy hair and add definition to your child's curls and waves for 24 hours
- Enriched with nourishing shea butter, this smoothing children's conditioner leaves your kids curly hair looking defined
- Specifically designed to be milder than adult hair products, this hypoallergenic leave-in conditioner is sulfate-, paraben-, phthalate-, & dye-free, making it gentle on toddlers' and kids' developing...
- Johnson's No More Tears formula is gentle and is pediatrician and ophthalmologist tested. Every Johnson's product is designed to meet or exceed top internationally recognized regulatory standards
- After using Johnson's Curl Defining Shampoo for kids, towel dry hair. Dispense a small amount of the leave-in shea conditioner into the palm and gently work downward throughout hair and comb. No need...
- 12-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Curly Hair Conditioner for Kids with Oat Extract, Shea Butter & a light scent; to gently nourish & hydrate hair for soft, smooth defined curls
- Enriched with shea butter & oat extract, this conditioner is designed for kids' developing curly hair & to be gentler than adult products. It detangles, smooths & improves hair's manageability,...
- The kids' conditioner with a gentle scent features a tear-free formula that gently nourishes & hydrates curly hair, leaving your kids' hair soft & smooth
- Kid's curly hair conditioner with oat extract & shea butter is hypoallergenic & is formulated without parabens, phthalates, sulfates, dyes & phenoxyethanol. It has a fragrance that is known to be as...
- From a pediatrician- & dermatologist-recommended brand, Aveeno Curly Hair Conditioner for kids makes a perfect addition to your kids' daily haircare routine. To use, dispense into palm, gently work...
- BABY BUM CONDITIONING DETANGLER SPRAY. Taming your little one’s wild mop has never been easier. This conditioning detangler uses some of the earth’s most treasured ingredients to soften and...
- 13.6-fluid ounces bottle of Johnson's Strengthening Kid's Conditioner to nourish and leave hair strong and healthy-looking
- Formulated with vitamin E and wheat bran, this strengthening conditioner is suitable for use on children and toddlers and is designed to gently moisturize, strengthen and help prevent breakage to hair
- Specially designed to be milder than adult products, this hypoallergenic conditioner is paraben-, phthalate-, sulfate-, and dye-free, making it gentle enough for use on kids' and toddlers' developing...
- Johnson's No More Tears tear-free formula is as gentle to eyes as pure water and is pediatrician and ophthalmologist tested. Every Johnson's product is designed to meet or exceed governmental...
- To use, dispense a small amount of the kids' conditioner into the palm and gently work downward throughout hair - rinse thoroughly. For best results, use following Johnson's Strengthening Kids'...
- Made without: silicones, parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, formaldehyde donors, phthalates
- Gentle for baby; Perfect for bedtime
- Dermatologist-tested; Hypoallergenic
- No synthetic fragrances; Tear-free
- Not tested on animals; No animal byproducts
- New SheaMoisture Baby Raw Shea Butter, Chamomile and Argan Oil Conditioner for curly hair is specially designed to care for babies and toddlers with textured hair
- This conditioner is infused with a blend of Chamomile, Raw Shea Butter and Argan Oil to moisturize and help detangle delicate curls and coils
- This conditioner is part of the SheaMoisture Baby hair care range, created to serve babies with melanin-rich skin and textured hair
- After shampooing, apply to baby’s wet hair. Gently run fingers from roots to ends, massaging ends and lengths. Leave conditioner in hair for 2-3 minutes and rinse-out thoroughly with warm water
- All SheaMoisture hair care products are sustainably produced and Cruelty-Free. This hair conditioner for babies is pediatrician-tested, hypoallergenic and tear-free
- Gentle for baby
- Tames frizz + softens hair
- No fragrances.Tear-free.Not tested on animals.No animal byproducts.Made With: Chamomile Extract + Aloe.Made Without: Silicones, parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, formaldehyde donors, phthalates
- New SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter, Chamomile and Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner for curly hair is specially designed to care for babies and toddlers with textured hair
- This leave-in conditioner is infused with a blend of Chamomile, Raw Shea Butter and Argan Oil to moisturize and help detangle delicate curls and coils
- This leave-in conditioner is part of the SheaMoisture Baby hair care range, created to serve babies with melanin-rich skin and textured hair
- After bathing routine, apply a dollop to baby’s wet hair. Work this moisturizing hair conditioner through hair from root to ends to distribute evenly. Do not rinse
- All SheaMoisture hair products are sustainably produced and Cruelty-Free. This leave-in hair conditioner for babies is pediatrician-tested and hypoallergenic
- 100% GOOD FOR YOUR BABY: This gentle hair conditioner gently conditions and softens delicate hair and scalps. Lightly fragranced with a comforting and clean scent. Ideal for babies, kids and adults.
- FORMULATED FOR VERY SENSITIVE SKIN: Specifically developed with organic calendula & colloidal oatmeal to nourish, hydrate and condition dry hair and scalps. Enriched with Babo's organic Nutri-Soothe...
- PLANT-BASED & HYPOALLERGENIC FORMULA: Specially formulated with naturally-derived ingredients including organic virgin coconut Oil. Detangles and moisturizes the hair, leaving it smooth, extra shiny...
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS & IRRITANTS: Hypoallergenic to reduce the risk of allergic reactions and clinically tested under dermatological control. Gluten, soy, dairy, peanut, almond and walnut free. Made in...
- SAFE FOR LITTLE ONES: Use during baby's regular bath time routine for soft and silky hair. Apply to clean, damp hair after shampooing. Leave on 1-2 minutes before gently rinsing clean.
Last update on 2022-09-26
What are Baby Conditioners?
The baby hair conditioner is an aqueous substance composed of ingredients such as silicones, oils, emollients, mixed with soaps and detergents that help eliminate oily elements on the baby’s hair. Together, all these ingredients return the moisture that it loses to the hair with each shampooing.
The hair conditioner has a very specific function: to detangle knots and restructure the hair. A good hair conditioner waterproofs the hair shaft, preventing the comb from damaging the cuticle, the outermost part of the hair.
Why Should You Buy a Good Baby Conditioner?
It’s important to get a good conditioner for the baby’s curly hair for two reasons. First, it softens children’s curly hair, allowing you to untangle knots more easily. It also provides the hydration and nourishment that children with curly hair cannot get from the treatments women undergo, such as pre-shampoo wraps for curly hair.
How to Choose the Best Baby Conditioner?
The baby hair conditioner has commercial classifications. Some of the types available are:
- Moisturizing Conditioner: It is a conditioner that gives hair hydration and nourishment. Suitable for dry and damaged hair, it is a product with a rich and restructuring formulation, which contains vegetable butters and essential oils such as coconut or argan oil.
- Volumizing Conditioner: In these cases, the conditioners are lighter than normal, so they do not weigh down the hair. This product creates volume, preventing the hair from sticking to the head.
- Curly Hair Conditioner: Conditioners formulated for babies with curly hair are generally very moisturizing and make an extra effort to reduce frizz. This is why they are formulated to counteract the electrostatic charges of the hair.
What Features Should You Consider When Buying a Baby Conditioner?
What characteristics should a conditioner for babies’ hair have, whether to treat dry hair or to untangle knots? Below are some features to consider before buying one:
- Avoid silicones, parabens and petrolatum: For your baby’s curls, buy only quality products that are free from harmful chemicals like silicones, parabens, and petrolatum. Silicone can buildup on the hair, leaving a dry and dull hair texture.
- Choose organic and natural products: Choose conditioners rich in plant-based conditioners and emollients such as shea butter, aloe vera, and plant oils. Thanks to their properties, they soften the hair by facilitating the passage of the brush, nourish and restructure contributing to the healthy growth of curly hair.
- Choose delicate conditioners: With delicate conditioners, there is no definite age to begin with for your child. They are rich in natural substances and will not cause any damage, but rather will soften the hair, ensuring healthy growth.
- For oily hair, avoid curly and moisturizing conditioners: As with the choice of shampoo for oily hair, avoid moisturizing, straightening, or curly hair conditioners. We are looking for products that give volume, light, balance, or reinforcement. Oily hair is due to excessive production of sebum. Then it is good to avoid conditioners that are too nourishing as they could weigh down oily hair, making it appear too shiny. Light conditioners that help balance sebum secretion are fine.
- Choose moisturizing conditioners for dry hair: For dry hair, look for conditioners that promote moisture, hydration, and nourishment. These products are excellent restructuring products with a particularly rich formulation, and the ideal is to distribute the product on the lengths and ends.
How Much Does a Top-Rated Baby Conditioner Cost?
Cheap baby hair conditioners are generally available for $10. Affordable baby conditioners cost less than $20 and some high-end products can reach $60 or even more than $100.
Raising children with healthy hair is very important and it is essential to start as soon as possible. Taking care of scalp hygiene from an early age is the key to growing healthy and strong hair. Remember that the skin is very delicate and if you choose too aggressive products, you may promote the irritation of the scalp. Focus on nourishing, softening and delicate products, formulated to respect the hair, but also the eyes and face of the little ones.